Looking for governors or trustees?
Inspiring Governance is the national online matchmaking service which connects skilled volunteers interested in serving as governors and trustees with schools and colleges. It provides free, expert support for volunteers and governing bodies, as well as for employers wanting to run programmes for their staff serving as governors.
Benefits for schools & colleges
- Free, secure service
- Search quickly and easily for the skills and expertise needed by governing boards
- Find local volunteers from a wide range of professions and sectors, such as finance, human resources, law and marketing
- Hands on support available
- Free induction, support and expert advice for new appointments
Watch our How to sign up for Inspiring Governance YouTube clip
How do I sign-up?
- Click ‘Sign-up’ and select ‘To find governors for your school – register here’ on the top right of this page.
- Follow the registration steps.
- Go to the ‘Find Volunteers’ tab and search for suitable volunteers.
- Send them an invitation and wait for them to respond!
- If you can’t find any suitable volunteers click the ‘Can’t Find Suitable Volunteers’ button and we will be in touch to discuss your requirements.
If you are seeking recruits on behalf of a number of schools (e.g. Multi-Academy Trust, Local Authority, Diocese) please select the option ‘To find governors for multiple schools – register here’ on the top right of this page. We will then be in touch to discuss your requirements.
How does it work?
Inspiring Governance uses smart online technology which already engages over 6,000 schools and 32,000 volunteers registered across the country. Volunteers sign up online for free. They come from a wide range of professions and sectors, with skills and expertise in areas such as Finance, Human Resources, Law, and Marketing. Recruiting boards can search easily and quickly for the skills and experience they need.
Once placed, your new governors/trustees will have access to a dedicated helpline, provided by the National Governors’ Association,designed to support them through their first year in the role. NGA help covers:
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of governing
- Understanding the core functions of the governing board
- Becoming effective as quickly as possible
- Staying motivated and committed to school governance
Get in touch
We would love to hear from you. If you have any questions about signing up, recruiting a governor, volunteering or setting up an employer scheme? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7566 4880