When you find a governor or trustee role through the Inspiring Governance service, you will have access to support and training provided by the National Governance Association (NGA), the leading independent charity that supports and promotes good governance in schools.
- dedicated telephone and email support to walk you through your first year
- NGA’s Welcome to Governance induction guide for governors in both multi-academy trusts and maintained schools
- access to NGA’s online guidance centre containing a wealth of resources
- free training through NGA’s e-learning induction programme (8 themed modules)
- membership of the Young Governors’ Network for volunteers under the age of 40
The NGA training has been designed to be complimentary to other training that may be offered. For example, your school or local authority may also provide support and training for new governors that you would be able to access, so do ask.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 7566 4880.